This message was part of the ‘For Such a Time as This’ series, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Gorton in late 2017. The full series included the following sermons:
This sermon was based on John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world
16″For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Why does what we believe matter?
- What we believe directs how we live
- What we believe should be obvious through how we live
- We witness God through living out our belief
If we believe John 3:16-18, what should our lives look like?
- Actively Spreading the Gospel
- Free of fear and worry
- Full of thanks and praise
If we believe John 14:6-7, what should our lives look like?
- Jesus is the only way to heaven
- Nothing that opposes Jesus’ teaching is right
- Only in Jesus can we have life in all its fullness
If we believe John 14:12, what should our lives look like?
- We will believe in what Jesus did
- We will expect to see it in our own lives