This sermon was preached by Stuart Gosling at the CCM:Gorton site of Christ Church Manchester on Sunday 10th May 2015.
This message was the second part of the ‘Bringing Life’ series, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Gorton in mid 2015. The full series included the following sermons:
- Bringing Life – Part 1 (by Tom O’Toole)
- Bringing Life – Part 2 (by Stu Gosling)
- Bringing Life – Part 3 (by Andy Armstrong)
- Bringing Life – Part 4 (by Tom O’Toole)
- Bringing Life – Part 5 (by Stu Gosling)
- Bringing Life – Part 6 (by Andy Armstrong)
- Bringing Life – Part 7 (by Tom O’Toole)
- Bringing Life – Part 8 (by Stu Gosling)
This sermon was based on Genesis 2:8-14.
The Creation of Man and Woman
8And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9And out of the ground the Lord God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. 11The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. 13The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush. 14And the name of the third river is the Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
To see more sermons from Christ Church Manchester, you can visit our sermons page, or why not consider subscribing on iTunes.