This sermon was preached by Stu Gosling at the CCM:Gorton site of Christ Church Manchester on Sunday 31st May 2015.
This message was the fifth part of the ‘Bringing Life’ series, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Gorton in mid 2015. The full series included the following sermons:
- Bringing Life – Part 1 (by Tom O’Toole)
- Bringing Life – Part 2 (by Stu Gosling)
- Bringing Life – Part 3 (by Andy Armstrong)
- Bringing Life – Part 4 (by Tom O’Toole)
- Bringing Life – Part 5 (by Stu Gosling)
- Bringing Life – Part 6 (by Andy Armstrong)
- Bringing Life – Part 7 (by Tom O’Toole)
- Bringing Life – Part 8 (by Stu Gosling)
This sermon was based on Amos 5:18-24.
Let Justice Roll Down
18 Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord! Why would you have the day of the Lord? It is darkness, and not light, 19 as if a man fled from a lion, and a bear met him, or went into the house and leaned his hand against the wall,
and a serpent bit him. 20 Is not the day of the Lord darkness, and not light, and gloom with no brightness in it? 21 “I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. 22 Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. 23 Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen. 24 But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
To see more sermons from Christ Church Manchester, you can visit our sermons page, or why not consider subscribing on iTunes.