This sermon was based on Romans 16.
Final Instructions and Greetings
25Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages 26but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— 27to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.
Join in Family Life
- Family life in the church is about being joined with Jesus.
- We have been liberated to love God and to love our neighbour.
- Paul urges the church, as family to have humility and practice forgiveness even though its hard work.
- We are called to have grace to serve alongside one another.
Know the Gospel
- People looking for counterfeit money are taught not what a fake looks like but what the real thing looks like, that way they can spot a fake because it doesn’t match up.
- We are to intimately know the truth of the Gospel so that we can easily see anything which doesn’t fit with that truth.
- The gospel is good, not only that, the Gospel is TRUE. Nothing added or taken away, Jesus has done it all and all our guilt, shame, sin and distorted humanity has been dealt with. Now Jesus offers us life in all it’s fullness.
It Begins and Ends with Jesus
- Jesus was always God’s plan for salvation and now the mystery has been revealed.
- The message of the Gospel is for everyone, Jew and Gentile to all ends of the earth.
- This is the mystery which has now been revealed to us and made known so that all who have faith in Jesus, may come in to His family.