This message was part of the ‘Kingdom Manifesto’ series on Mark 1, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Gorton in Summer 2016. The full series included the following sermons:
- Identity (by Mim Ballard) – Mark 1:9-11
- Opposition (by Tom O’Toole) – Mark 1:12-13
- Disciple (by Tom O’Toole) – Mark 1:16-20
- Authority (by Graham Harrop) – Mark 1:21-28
- Healing (by Andy Armstrong) – Mark 1:29-34
- It Starts In the Quiet Place (by Victoria Armstrong) – Mark 1:35-39
- Touching the Untouchable (by Charles Kachitsa) – Mark 1:40-45
This sermon was based on Mark 1:29-34.
Jesus Heals Many
29And immediately he left the synagogue and entered the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John. 30Now Simon’s mother-in-law lay ill with a fever, and immediately they told him about her. 31And he came and took her by the hand and lifted her up, and the fever left her, and she began to serve them.
32That evening at sundown they brought to him all who were sick or oppressed by demons. 33And the whole city was gathered together at the door. 34And he healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons. And he would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him.