This message was part of the ‘Kingdom Manifesto’ series on Mark 1, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Gorton in Summer 2016. The full series included the following sermons:
- Identity (by Mim Ballard) – Mark 1:9-11
- Opposition (by Tom O’Toole) – Mark 1:12-13
- Disciple (by Tom O’Toole) – Mark 1:16-20
- Authority (by Graham Harrop) – Mark 1:21-28
- Healing (by Andy Armstrong) – Mark 1:29-34
- It Starts In the Quiet Place (by Victoria Armstrong) – Mark 1:35-39
- Touching the Untouchable (by Charles Kachitsa) – Mark 1:40-45
This sermon was based on Mark 1:35-39.
Jesus Preaches in Galilee
35And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed. 36And Simon and those who were with him searched for him, 37and they found him and said to him, “Everyone is looking for you.” 38And he said to them, “Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also, for that is why I came out.” 39And he went throughout all Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out demons.