This sermon was based on 1 Corinthians 16:1-3.
Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come. And when I arrive, I will send those whom you accredit by letter to carry your gift to Jerusalem.
How we can be good stewards with our money
- We need to be organized with our finances and use them for God’s purposes.
- We should have good intentions for how we use and treat our money.
- We need to plan and manage our money effectively.
- We want God to trust us with our money.
How we can budget our money
- We cannot let our wells dry up we must always be feeding into our money and replenish the well.
- We are rich in our relationship with God and our money shouldn’t control us.
- We need to have a good handle on our money so it doesn’t distract us from God.
- We need to live less greedily and not be excessive with our money if we can’t afford to live excessively.
- We should be generous because God has made us generous and not just because God has blessed us financially.