Stop bad decisions from affecting your life
- Live in the presence of Jesus, talk to him as you go about your day.
- Sin often starts out as a thought, if we take control of these thoughts, offering them to God we can stop them in their tracks.
- Do not conform and give in to the patterns of this world as James commanded us to do so.
- Ask God to help us in refreshing us spiritually and the renewal of our minds.
How can we apply this to our lives and live more like Jesus?
- Do what is pure in heart and pure in thought, we can often be held captive by our thoughts and emotions.
- We can seek out good things in our lives by doing good for others and doing things which are worthy of praise.
- Put into practice Jesus word for our lives as we learn more about him to live more like he did.
- Cast aside negative thoughts and opinions and reject the evils of the world.
- Do not allow yourself to be consumed by sin instead pay attention to God.
- Give yourself more time to read and reflect on God’s word, taking in the verses and learning about their meaning.
- Listen to worship music and spend time in worship with others and on your own.
- Do not be distracted by earthly things, do not let things dull your desire to worship God.