Work is Intended to include Jesus
- God cares about our work, just as God cares about our everyday lives. Work, productivity, creativity are central to the way in which God has designed us.
- The first image we see in the bible tells us that God is a worker as in Genesis 1 – where we have the story of God creating the world and all the steps in creation. In Genesis 2 it says – “By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing so on the seventh day he rested from work”.
- After God has created the world for man to live in he creates Adam, in Genesis 2 it says this – “The Lord took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work in it and take care of it”.
- God is a worker and we are all made by his hand so we should try to reflect this.
We live in a fallen world, how is this often reflected in our work life?
- Work becomes less about what we do and more about how we do it because we have chosen to follow Jesus.
- We can worship God thanking him for the work we receive here on Earth and that he is in it with us.
- We have the opportunity to serve others, we are called to be salt and light on the Earth, helping to spread the good news to others in our workplaces.
- We can use our work to glorify God, if we do not work in vain we will think that our efforts are wasted. Its about our heart attitude that changes our approach and relationship to work.
- It is a way to build his kingdom.