This message was the first part of the ‘Jesus Unveiled’ series on the book of Revelation, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Fallowfield in early 2017. The full series included the following sermons:
- Jesus Unveiled (by Dave Williams) – Revelation 1:1-8
- Patient Endurance (by Stuart MacGregor) – Revelation 1:9-20
- Jesus’ Glorious Heart (by Dan Terry) – Revelation 2-3
- On Fire For Jesus (by Tom O’Toole) – Revelation 3:14-21
- God Is On His Throne (by Dave Williams) – Revelation 4
- Jesus Is Worthy (by Andy Wisdom) – Revelation 5
- Seals, Trumpets & Bowls (by Dan Hayter) – Revelation 6, 8-9, 11:15-19, 15-16
- Sealed & Safe (by Dave Williams) – Revelation 7
- Labour Pains & Satan’s Games (by Dave Williams) – Revelation 12-14
- God Wins (by Paul Graves) – Revelation 19
- Millennium, Comfort & Encouragement (by Dave Williams) – Revelation 20
- God Wipes Away Our Tears (by Steve McKenzie) – Revelation 21:1-8
- Eternal Thinking (by Dave Williams) – Revelation 21:1-8
This sermon was based on Revelation 1:1-8.
1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.
Greeting to the Seven Churches
4John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, 5and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
8″I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”