This sermon was preached by Tim Simmonds at CCM Fallowfield on Sunday 6th October 2019 and was based on Galatians 6:7-10.
This message was part of the ‘Who needs Jesus?’ series, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Fallowfield in autumn 2019. The full series included the following sermons:
This sermon was based on Galatians 6:7-10.
Long Term Is Good
- Committed to our city.
- Committed to each other.
- Committed to Jesus.
The Importance Of Good Sowing
- What you sow is what you will reap.
- If you sow good seed you will reap a good crop.
- If you sow weeds you will reap weeds
- Sowing to the flesh = someone living only for themselves
- Serve friends, love the poor, work hard, be generous with money, live as Jesus called us
- Our power comes from God and being filled with the Holy Spirit
- Christians still become tired and weary
- Weariness comes from sowing without reaping
- Pray lots
- Read the bible
- Even Jesus was rejected and ignored
In Due Season We Will Reap
- We will reap when God decides
- A time to sow and a time to reap (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
Do Not Give Up
- Stand firm in seasons when we sow but do not reap
- We are here for the long term
- Take opportunities to sow to the spirit