This message was part of the ‘Kingdom Manifesto’ series on Mark 1, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Gorton in Summer 2016. The full series included the following sermons:
- Identity (by Mim Ballard) – Mark 1:9-11
- Opposition (by Tom O’Toole) – Mark 1:12-13
- Disciple (by Tom O’Toole) – Mark 1:16-20
- Authority (by Graham Harrop) – Mark 1:21-28
- Healing (by Andy Armstrong) – Mark 1:29-34
- It Starts In the Quiet Place (by Victoria Armstrong) – Mark 1:35-39
- Touching the Untouchable (by Charles Kachitsa) – Mark 1:40-44
This sermon was based on Mark 1:12-13.
The Temptation of Jesus
12The Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. 13And he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan. And he was with the wild animals, and the angels were ministering to him.