This sermon was based on John 10:10, John 14:12-14, Matthew 6:25-26, Romans 14:17 and Hebrews 10:24.
John 10:10 – I am the Good Shepard
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 14:12-14 – I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life
12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
Matthew 6:25-26 – Do Not be Anxious
Romans 14:17 – Do Not Cause Another to Stumble
17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 10:24 – The Full Assurance of Faith
Don’t Lower Your Expectations Of a Full Life With Jesus
- Whoever believes in Jesus has access to a full and beautiful life with Jesus. We are able to perform the miracles He did on Earth. We just need to be expectant to see God perform these miracles in our life.
- In Matthew 6, we are shown that our worry about whether we will have enough money, food or clothing indicates our lack of trust that God will actually provide those things for us. He knows everything that we need and He is a loving Father who loves to give us good things.
- What would our lives look like if we seek first God’s Kingdom?
We Are Called To Be Righteous
- We cannot see these mircales in our lives unless we are striving to become more like Jesus each day and live in righteousness. We need to invite the Holy Spirit into our lives and help us with this.
- We are blessed to be called blessings for others.