on sundays we have
These meetings will all be different – there will be a brand new live preach at each, and worship led by a band from that site.
The meetings are:
- CCM Fallowfield – 10:30am and 5pm at Luther King House, Fallowfield
- CCM Gorton – 10:30am at The Oasis Centre, Gorton
- CCM Heatons – 10:30am at The Heatons Centre, Heaton Moor
- CCM Ladybarn – 10:30am at Ladybarn Community Centre, Ladybarn
- CCM Reddish – 10:30am at Broadstone Hall School, Reddish
- Iglesia de Cristo – 2pm at Luther King House, Fallowfield (every other Sunday) – Spanish speaking service
Every Sunday at 10:30am and 6:00pm Luther King House, Brighton Grove, Fallowfield, M14 5JP
Every Sunday at 10:30am Ladybarn Community Centre, Royle Street, Ladybarn, M14 6RN
Every Sunday at 10:30am The Oasis Centre, Wellington Road, M18 7EL
Every Sunday at 10:30am at Broadstone Hall School, Broadstone Hall Road, SK4 5JD
For more information please click here.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Our meetings are a great opportunity for you to find out about God. It is an informal environment, where we provide top-notch coffee and cakes (this is important to us), the chance to get to know new people and the opportunity for you to take things at your own pace.
Don’t worry if you don’t have much experience of what church is like. There are no expectations that you would know or do certain things, and there is no dress code. Just come as you are – we would love to get to know you.
Though each of our sites is a little bit different to fit into its local community well, there are quite a few common ingredients that you will encounter whichever of our services you attend:
- A Warm Welcome – There is a real friendly buzz around the CCM meetings, and there are lots of people who are super-keen to help you to feel at home and to have a great experience.
- Good Snacks and Coffee – We are firm believers that a quality coffee machine is an essential part of church and we make every effort to offer tasty snacks and drinks along with the service.
- Sung Worship – We usually start off with a couple of songs of praise to God and then sing a few more later in the meeting (don’t worry if you don’t know the words – they are all displayed on the screen). During this time, you may notice some people raising their hands or kneeling, and others standing still and singing or reflecting on the lyrics. We are very happy for people to engage in whatever way they feel comfortable.
- A Talk – After the first two songs and a few notices, somebody will share a practical and inspiring message from the Bible. This will usually last for around 25-30 minutes. If you want to follow along in your own Bible, or a Bible App then feel free, but don’t worry if not – the relevant Bible verses will also be displayed on the screen.
- Communion – We take communion every week to remember what Jesus has done for us by giving up his life on the cross. This usually happens right after the talk, and there is no pressure to participate if you don’t want to.
- Prayers and Encouragements – The times of sung worship are sometimes punctuated with people from the congregation sharing a prayer, reading a Bible verse or sharing a word that they believe God is encouraging us with at this time.
- Kids Groups (Morning services only) – At four of our morning services (Gorton, Heatons, Ladybarn and Reddish), we offer specialist groups for children. After singing the first two songs all together, the kids go off to age-specific groups that provide games, crafts and Bible lessons that are taught in age-appropriate ways.
In total, our services usually last for between 75 and 90 minutes, and are followed by more coffee, snacks and time to hang out and chat.