This message was the second part of the Ephesians series, preached at Christ Church Manchester’s church in Fallowfield in late 2014. The full series included the following sermons:
- Saved For the Big Picture (by Tim Simmonds) – Ephesians 1:3-14
- The Head & The Body (by Vicki Simmonds) – Ephesians 1:15-23
- Second Chance Sunday (by Tim Simmonds) – Ephesians 2:1-10
- One New Man (by Tim Simmonds) – Ephesians 2:11-22
- The Wisdom of God, or Ten Reasons Why the Church Is Incredible (by Tom O’Toole) – Ephesians 3:1-13
- God Gives Gifts (by Tim Simmonds) – Ephesians 4:7-16
- Brand New You (by Lianna Roast) – Ephesians 4:17-5:2
- Sex & Alcohol (by Tim Simmonds) – Ephesians 5:3-20
- Wives & Husbands (by Tim Simmonds) – Ephesians 5:21-24 & 6:1-4
This sermon was based on Ephesians 1:15-23.
Thanksgiving and Prayer
15For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, 16I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, 18having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.