This sermon was based on Matthew 6:7-13.
The Lord’s Prayer…
7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Acknowledge the King
• He is our Father.
• Because of Jesus taking our sins, we can now call God “Father”.
• Differences in God as holy vs intimate.
Praying for the Kingdom to Come
• In heaven there is no disobedience and no obstacles to God’s will.
• The citizens of Jesus’ kingdom will want to see His will done as freely on earth as it is in heaven.
• We pray, we work, we reach out.
Pray for the Fruit of the Kingdom
• Praying for the hungry to be fed, sin being forgiven, relationships are restored, temptation is resisted, evil being defeated.
• Not being anxious for tomorrow because God will provide tomorrow.
• Confession of sins, freedom in Christ.