This sermon was based on Matthew 6:9-13
The Lord’s Prayer
9Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
(2) Global Connection
- The Corinthian Christians are part of God’s story – and it is way bigger than them.
- They should be ready to receive input from outside leaders.
- They should be sending global workers out.
- They should be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of global mission.
- They should recognise they are part of a big global church family.
(3) Courageously Live Out Faith
- Our faith is to be lived out in the world.
- We should be watchful – often people fall away when they stop paying attention to what is going on in their soul.
- We should stand firm in the faith – there will be pressure put on us and we need to stand firm.
- We should act like men – Paul frequently contrasts childish faith with mature faith.
- We should be strong in the faith.
- We should do all things in love – true mature discipleship is seen in the crucible of community.
(4) Recognise Godly Leaders
- It is important for their to be local leaders sharing lives with the people.
(5) Love and Long For the Lord
- The most important key to maturity is love and longing for the Lord Jesus.